Skinny Chicken Taquitos
Yields: 16 | Serving size: 2 taquitos | Calories: 221 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 46 mg |Sodium: 199 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 1g | Protein: 21 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle) 2 |
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a casserole dish, add 1/2 cup water, cover and bake until juices run clear when pierced with a fork, about 35-40 minutes. Chicken should have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees when done. Allow to cool slightly, remove skin and shred.
- Combine all the above ingredients in a medium bowl, except tortillas. In a small skillet (preferably a dry cast iron skillet), on medium heat, warm tortillas on each side until warm, about 20 seconds per side.
- Spread 3 tablespoons mixture onto the center of each tortillas, roll as tightly as possibly, and place seam side down on parchment lined cookie sheet or non-stick baking dish. Brush tops of each taquito with olive oil or lightly mist with nonstick cooking spray. Bake approximately 15-20 minutes or until taquitos are hot and crisp.
- If desired, top taquitos with a little additional shredded cheddar and return to oven just until melted. Top with a little plain, low-fat Greek yogurt, Guacamole or salsa.
- : Spread mixture quickly onto warmed tortilla before it cools. This helps to prevent tortilla from breaking. They likely will have a few cracks as it's difficult to totally prevent. Another method for heating tortillas, steam them in a double boiler until hot and pliable.
Video: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
How to Travel from the San Francisco Airport to Downtown
28 quotes on equal pay from inspiring women
8 Good Health Habits You Can Start Today
How to Make Cyber Falls
Top 10 Most Beautiful Asian Girls
How to Follow Up After a Phone Interview
10 Practical Tips for Relieving Holiday Depression
How to Buy Tablecloths for Your Wedding
7 Sex Positions That Work Your G-Spot And Clit—At The Same Time
Trail Mix Cookie Bars
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Buddha Bowl
4 Signs Of Alzheimer’s Disease That Have Nothing To Do With Memory Loss