How to Dress and Look Like Effy Stonem
If you love the E4 hit show Skins, you'll know that Effy Stonem is the rebellious bad girl who enchants all the guys. Although this is partly down to her personality, it is largely due to her sexy, hot, mysterious appearance. Read on to find out how to steal her look.
Style your hair.Effy has medium-long brown hair. She usually wears it down in loose, messy waves or curls, although she occasionally has it straightened. You can use straighteners if you prefer that style, or if you want her more trademark look, scrunch your hair when its damp with a little mousse to make it look effortlessly wavy. Alternatively, use curling tongs then run your fingers through to break up the curls and make them more loose. Either way, Effy's hair is generally shiny and glossy so use a shine-enhancing shampoo and conditioner, and a little serum to finish. You can put your bangs up if you want. Always make sure that your hair is full, voluminous, and natural looking.
Do your makeup.Effy basically has three makeup styles. Barely there, light dark, and super smokey eye.
- Barely there: Apply a light foundation that matches your skin tone. Apply a light pink blush on your cheeks and up your cheek bones. Apply black mascara on the top lashes. Pat a bit of white eyeshadow on your top lid and right under your bottom lid.
- Light dark: Apply black eyeliner to your bottom lid. Apply a grey shadow from the middle to the outer corner of your eye. Apply black eye shadow on the very end of your outer lid and smudge it into your crease. Apply a light pink blush to the apples of your cheeks. Apply a light pink lipstick on your lips.
- Super smokey eye: Apply black eyeliner to your top and bottom lid and meet them at the corners. Apply black eyeshadow to your top lid, fading as it reaches your brow bone. Apply a little black eye shadow under your eyeliner on your bottom lid. Smudge them together a bit. Apply black mascara to your top and bottom lashes. Leave your lips bare, or apply a chap stick or clear gloss.
Get the figure.Effy is very slim. Bear in mind that the actress who plays her is a model in real-life. If you're already skinny, fine. If you want to get a bit thinner, exercise and eat healthily, but generally it's good to appreciate your curves the way they are and don't try to get as thin as Effy because it could be dangerous. Just be fit and healthy and you'll look as sexy as Effy instantly.
Be confident.Technically nothing to do with appearance, but if you feel confident and gorgeous that will come across. Walk tall, smile, be proud of yourself and know you look good, and your attractiveness will boost massively.
Remember to remain mysterious.Talk less but make your words powerful and meaningful. Effy's lines always have an underlying meaning to them.
- Keep in that mind that Effy has some emotional issues that trigger her quiet yet erratic behavior. Her depression shows later on in the show, but know that she is in fact depressed. She doesn't really care about anything and what happens.
Mimic Effy's style.Effy has a very edgy, grunge, semi-goth, rocker-chick style. She wears a lot of dark colors, very short dresses, quirky T-shirts, leather jackets and miniskirts. Watch the show for inspiration. Anything short/grey or black/alternative should be perfect. However, in series 4 she does begin to inject a little more colour into her wardrobe so don't be scared to throw in a bit of colour if that's more your thing. Raid Topshop, it's a very Effy shop, and search around vintage shops for unique pieces. Effy rarely, if ever, wears skirts or dresses below the knee. Keep skirts and dresses above the knee. Effy likes wearing quirky T-shirts, loose fitting tanks, shirts, and dresses, ripped skinny jeans and leggings, leather jackets, and oversized sweaters.
- Accessories are important. Chunky necklaces, pearls, long dangly pendants, bangles, earrings - anything goes really. Socks, shoes, boots, belts and bags also complete the look, just have a look around and see what catches your eye. Again, think dark colors, indie style, alternative, bold prints.
QuestionHow can I get Effy's hair, makeup, and outfit?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFor the hair, I think it is best to make it look frizzy but a bit straight at the same time. For the makeup, it is best to get it from a drug store with a natural tone palette. When applying the blue eyeshadow, don't make it too precise. Mess it up just a bit (but not too much). Get rose tinted lip balm/gloss (preferably balm) for her rosy lips. For the outfit, it is best to get a rock t-shirt, or something laid-back and grungy. Finish off the look with some necklaces. If you are still puzzled, search "Effy Stonem cosplay" on Google for a better idea.Thanks!
Who was she heavily inspired by?
- Similarly, if you're blonde, don't dye your hair brown. If you're tanned don't try to make yourself paler. Work with what you have.
- You can look as hot as Effy and still be true to your natural self. For example, if you're loud and bubbly don't become cold and aloof to try to mimic Effy's mysterious nature - in truth she's not a particularly nice person, and those closest to you are unlikely to like the change.
- Do not start smoking, drinking or taking drugs in order to imitate Effy. Remember she is just a TV character.
Video: Recreating ICONIC Effy Stonem SKINS Makeup Look!
Dos and don’ts during breastfeeding
10 Best Beard Growth Oils for a Viking Beard
How to Make Her Love You
17Photos That Show Why Australia Isn’t Just Another Country, It’s aWhole Different World
7 Sketchy Ingredients Lurking In Your Protein Powder
Ott described the scene as Mournful, crumbling, and disturbing
I took two overdoses in an attempt to escape my forced marriage’
How a Pulmonary Hypertension Diagnosis Changed My Life
Crispy Parmesan Chicken
How to Strafe in Minecraft PvP