How to Be a Hot Girl
Everyone wants to look and feel attractive. But figuring out how to look hot seems impossible -- and everyone has a different definition of 'hot'. Girls are rarely born into hotness, but rather achieve it through confidence, attention to their looks and health, and an attitude that everyone wants to be around.
Acting the Part
Walk with strong, confident posture.Remember the first rule of convincing other people you're amazing: you have to believe it yourself. The quickest way to communicate this to other people is through body language. Stand tall, keep your chin parallel to the ground, arch your shoulders slightly back, and look straight ahead. Make a few seconds of eye contact with each person you pass, and hold someone's gaze when you're talking to him or her. Don't walk quickly down the halls, be sure to pause and socialize with people. Most importantly, don't forget to smile!
Act confident in a variety of social settings.The hot girl isn't "playing" hard to get, she is hard to get.You're talking to everyone, meeting new people, and having fun. Remember, this is more about who you are than what other people think of you. Hot girls just act like themselves instead of playing games or figuring out "popularity" secrets.
- Speak at a reasonable volume. Mumbling or speaking too softly indicates that you're unsure of yourself.
- If you tend to be shy, fake it until you make it. After a while, you'll notice that your confidence stops feeling forced and starts feeling like a natural extension of your personality.
- Ignore gossips and rumor about people, and walk on like nothing ever happened. Avoid getting into tacky confrontations with anybody. If they have a problem, it's their issue, not yours.
Pay nice compliments.The most confident people are those who are able to make others feel good without acting jealous. If you're really trying to get someone's attention, pay him or her a genuine compliment. Pick something you know he or she is proud of, or that other people don't usually notice about him or her. Deliver it with a smile and with your voice slightly lower in tone than usual.
Master the art of subtle flirting.Flirting doesn't have to mean putting yourself way out there or making big, grand gestures. If you do it right, it can actually manage to draw people in and make them more interested in you without them even realizing why it's happening. Try these things:
- Let people catch you looking at them. For instance, if you're glancing at a guy across the classroom, keep throwing small, quick glances his way until he looks up and notices you. Smile a bit, then look away.
- If you're talking to a person one-on-one, drop your voice to a whisper as if you're discussing a "secret." It doesn't have to be arealsecret—the point is that if you're speaking more softly, he or she will have to lean in closer to hear you. If you play this right, it can lead to leaning close enough to whisper in the other person's ear.
- "Accidentally" bump into or brush up against people. Don't bowl over them completely, but do brush the edge of your arm against someone else's arm, or don't avoid a slight touch if you're leaning across someone to reach something.
- Smile. Research has actually shown that a simple, open lipped smile is the most effective form of flirting there is.
Do what you want to do, not the things other people want.Confidence, and hotness, relies on your ability to be yourself. If you want to do something, like a sport, activity, or club, go do it, even if others don't seem as interested. There is little that is hotter than a self-possessed, self-assured woman who takes control of her life. You'll be happier, and you'll exude the sort of confident "edge" that makes you glow attractively.
- Who cares if something is "weird" or not typically hot. Most people admire courage and self-confidence above any specific activity.
- In many ways, "hotness" is subjective -- what one person thinks is hot another may not. The only way to succeed is to just be yourself and be happy.
Styling Great Hair
Pick a good haircut.Ask your stylist about bangs, layers, etc. and what may look good on you, and good for styling. If you want, ask for them to dye or put highlights in your hair.
- There are several websites that let you "try out" a hairstyle before getting a cut. Type in "Virtual Haircut" to import a photo of yourself and see how you look with new colors and cuts.
Take care of your hair.Wash your hair with a desired shampoo, and use a conditioner every other wash, or when you plan on styling. The number of washes varies depending on your hair type, but you'll know when it's time—your hair will feel greasy and gross to handle. Get a hair cut about every 2 to 3 months to avoid split ends. Consider these tips as well:
- Rinse the shampoo out with cold or lukewarm water, as the cold water will give your hair an extra shine. After you wash your hair, you should condition the ends. Be sure to use a good shampoo and conditioner made for your hair type or use a different kind that makes your hair shine bright and smell good.
- If you have frizzy hair, find a good leave-in conditioner or anti-frizz spray at a local store.
- As an extra treat, you can apply a mask to your hair. Apply the hair mask mostly at the ends, leave it for about 15 minutes, then rinse it out. This will make your hair look as if you just walked out of the salon.
Brush and style your hair.If you choose to use heat, straighten/curl your hair 3-4 times per week—daily heat can damage the hair. If you do insist on using heat to style your hair every day, invest in a good heat protectant product.
- Beachy waves are a great, fresh alternative to straight hair; you can pick up a good mousse that is especially for waves if your hair won't hold curls easily. Try out different styles and pick out the one that makes you look the best!
- If you have and love your curly hair, use a curl-defining cream, gel, or spray to keep your hair beautiful and frizz-free.
- If you want longer hair but are too impatient to wait for it to grow, you can try hair extensions. Since going to a salon can burn a hole in your wallet and damage your hair, why don't you try a clip on piece?
Looking Radiant Every Day
Wash your face and apply moisturizers without oil twice a day.If you suffer from acne, see a dermatologist for more help. Washing your face daily removes dead skin, oil, and dirt that can build up and cause pimples. Moisturizer then helps your skin stay fresh and smooth, as cracked, dry skin is more likely to get infected or lead to pimples.
- It's important to experiment with different face care products and find one that fits you. If you have dry skin, for example, you should look for products that cater to your specific needs.
Use a washcloth to exfoliate your skin when you shower.For people with dry skin: if your skin is so dry to the point that its flaking off, exfoliate it. In the shower, or with warm water in the sink, take a washcloth and rub the extremely dry areas on you face with a little soap on the washcloth. Dry, then apply toner and lotion to your whole face. If your skin isn't as dry, then just apply the toner and a good moisturizing lotion.
- For people with oily skin: definitely pick up oil-free face products. Wash your face at least twice a day and use clay masks regularly to control the oiliness. Use light face lotions and avoid touching your face too much since the dirt on your fingers plus the natural oils of your face will combine to cause breakouts.
Clean and prevent oil buildup on your face to control acne.If you don't wish to use any dedicated acne creams, then try washing your face in warm water in the morning and before bed. Change your pillowcase and sheets as well, as they hold onto old dirt, oil, and makeup from your face. If you want to get rid of surprise breakouts, try a product that guarantees quick pimple elimination.
- Never touch your face with your hands, and wash off your makeupcompletelyevery night. Leaving things caked on your skin leads to acne.
- If you have normal, average skin, try washing your face twice a day and applying moisturizer as you normally would. Use a face wash to keep your face nice and clear.
Moisturize and soften your body daily.Soft, non-cracked skin is lovely. Use lotion, cream, or body butter on your hands, arms, and legs (if you're planning on wearing an outfit that reveals these). You can also use lip butter or any kind of moisturizing lipstick/balm on your lips so it doesn't get chapped. If you want, get a tan in the summer (but it's okay if you're fair-skinned).
Get in shape.Exercise and tone up your body. Find a workout that suits your schedule and makes you feel good. This does not mean you need to be a thin, waifish model type. Getting active and moving around tones your body, increases confidence, and helps you stay healthy. All three of these things will help you look hotter, and there are lots of ways to get active:
- Join a yoga, spinning, or exercise class at your local fitness center, or play a sport..
- Do push-ups, sit-ups, etc. during commercial breaks while watching TV.
- Run, bike, or swim 4-5 times a week. Try not to drive unless you need to.
- Aim for, on average, 30-60 minutes of physical activity a day.
Maintain a positive body image.You don't have to be really skinny to be in shape. Looking fit is more attractive than being too skinny. Remember, the super-skinny celebrities and models that you see in magazines are almost always Photoshopped. It is more important to love your body and feel good than to match the unrealistic (and often unreal) image in advertisements and magazines.
Eat well.Do little things, like integrating more fruits and vegetables into your diet, while cutting out major sweets and fats. Make sure you're drinking water throughout the day, as it helps manage weight and keep you healthy. Most importantly, eat slowly -- your body takes 10-15 minutes to feel full, and many people overeat during this time.
Consider managing body hair.Depending on your culture, it can be seen as attractive and even hygienic to shave, pluck, or wax certain areas of your body. Some common candidates for hair removal include:
- Bikini line.
- Lip or chin.
Brush your teeth twice a day, floss at least once a day and don't forget to brush your tongue and gums!These are excellent places for the bad bacteria to grow and cause bad breath if left unchecked. If you want, you could use white strips, mouthwash, or mint-flavored gum afterwards. Your smile will look (and smell) bright and fresh.
- If you wear braces or retainers, don't forget to clean those too. They can get very dirty if they aren't cleaned regularly.
Wearing Alluring Makeup
Wear foundation.If you choose to wear foundation, pick a shade that matches your skin as closely as possible. If you're able to test samples, rub a dab into your throat. If it becomes invisible against your skin, even under bright light, it's a good match.
- Wear eye makeup. Choose a light, fresh eyeshadow that flatters your coloring and apply a thin line of eyeliner over your upper lashes (you can also apply eyeliner on your lower lashes for an extra-dramatic look). Finish off with mascara.
- Find a shade of blush that doesn't stand out too much on your skin, and use a bit on each cheek. Remember that the goal is to look naturally flushed, not like you just put on makeup.
- Use bronzer sparingly. A little can go a long way. Use a light shade and dust it along your cheekbones for a naturally tanned glow.
- Wear a tinted lip balm or gloss. Or, if you choose to wear lipstick, keep it looking fresh with a light coat of gloss on top of it.
Meet with a make-up professional to find products and looks that work for you.If you're not sure how to apply makeup or what might look good on you, schedule a consultation at a department store or beauty supply store. These consultations are often free, and a trained makeup artist can help you figure out what suits you.
Make an effort to smell alluring.Wear deodorant and perfume, or body spray, in moderation. While you want to smell nice, you don't want to be over powering. Let your smell draw people in, not announce your presence. While most people should wear deodorant every day, refrain from overdoing it on perfumes. 1-2 small squirts along the neck should be fine.
Dressing With An Edge
Wear stylish clothes.Buying clothes that flatter you is key to helping you appear attractive. A great outfit should highlight your best features. Remember, it's okay to show a little skin. If you dress more modest(but not too modest) and/or classy, people may consider you "sexy" or "pretty" instead (both of which are different from "hot").
- Take a trusted friend with your shopping -- ask for their opinion if you don't trust your own fashion sense.
- Don't feel like you need to go overboard with outfits -- your clothing should be an extension of your own style and preferences above all else.
Buy clothes that fit well.Don't buy clothes that are too tight fitting ("Is that her little sister's shirt?"), or too revealing. It doesn't matter how much you love the style: make sure the clothes fit you. If you can't find anything off-the-rack that fits, buy something that's a bit too big and have it altered by a tailor or seamstress.
- A proper fit shows off your body naturally, without having to be revealing or uncomfortable.
- Clothes should always feel comfortable on your skin. If you can't wait to get out of an outfit, it is likely not a good choice.
- Getting a properly fitting bra is essential for comfort, style, and even health.
Use light colors to highlight and dark colors to hide.Love your upper half, but dislike your hips and legs? Wear dark pants or skirts and light shirts to flatter your figure (do the opposite if you like your legs). This naturally draws people's eyes to the parts of your body you want to be accented.
Toss anything that's worn out.You might love that shirt, but if it has holes in it or looks visibly worn, it's time to donate it (or save it for wearing on the weekend when you're lazing around the house).
Be fashionable, but pay attention to your own style above all.Don't buy something that looks awful on you just because it's considered stylish. Instead, evaluate trends and pick out what you're willing to wear or what you think could look good on you.
- If your parents don't want to buy you clothes, save up money and go on a mini shopping spree for yourself. Second-hand stores are a fantastic place to pick up hidden gems.
- Check Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram accounts dedicated to fashion to get up-to-date clothing ideas
Accessorize.Pick out a few cute pieces of jewelry and rotate them throughout the week. Wear cute scarves in the winter. Use hair accessories; they're great at making you stand out. Wear leg-flattering heels, a deep necklace, a set of new and unique earrings, or any other extra piece to make an outfit truly "yours."
- Try and save 1-2 of your really nice accessories for special occasions. That way, when you do break them out, they really turn heads.
QuestionWhat should I do if my parents don't allow me to wear makeup?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAsk them if they'd be okay with you wearing a tinted moisturizer (that's what my mom first said yes to). If they don't want you wearing any face makeup, ask about lip gloss/tinted chapstick, and mascara. If they still say no, respect their decision and wait a couple months or a year and politely ask again. Don't go behind their backs and wear it anyway, because they will probably notice and they'll be upset.Thanks!
QuestionWhen I'm in a new class, should I look at the guys and smile? Is that weird, or will they see me as a more attractive girl?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. If you're the new student, smiling at people and making conversation will make you seem more outgoing and more people will want to talk to you. Don't just smile at the boys, though, that will make you seem too flirtatious. Be open to talking to everyone.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I know what kind of makeup looks best on me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
QuestionHow would I look hot on the first day of summer without makeup?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTake great care of your skin. Wash it twice a day and always moisturize. Buy a good under eye cream, it makes all the difference. Make sure your hair is shiny and voluminous. Wash it often and use conditioner. Rinse in cold water. If you have thin hair, use volume tablets. Get rid of body hair. Wax or shave your legs, underarms, and mustache hairs. Tweeze your eyebrows (you can always get them done by a professional). You might also want to exercise so you look good in your bathing suit!Thanks!
QuestionWhat is the best way to dye my hair?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe best way to dye your hair is to go to a salon at have it done by a professional. This way you'll know you're getting exactly what you want and you're much less likely to end up with damaged hair.Thanks!
QuestionDoes this apply to males?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSome of them, yes. Taking care of yourself and assuming confident body language apply to males for sure.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I be a hot girl when I'm skinny?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can be skinny and hot at the same time. You could eat more, but anyone can be hot.Thanks!
How do you know that people think you are hot?
Will I look hot if I get very popular and it makes me more confident with myself?
What should I do if the guy I like is older and never really notices me?
How long does the fit process take?
How do you be cool if your friends say your cute?
- Don't constantly put others or yourself down.
- Hotness isn't always on the outside. Beauty is also on the inside, so behave well and improve your body language to look attractive.
- If you don't feel on top of the world, dress as if you are.
- Learn to go with the flow and have high amounts of energy.
- Change your look once in a while. Don't always have the same look.
- Never skip conditioner! Shampoo takes away a lot of natural oils from your scalp, so you will damage your hair if you never replace these oils. Depending on your hair type, consider shampooing every other day and conditioning every day.
- Always act as if you are amazing, people's brains will surely notice your body language and if they don't see you acting like you are pretty, they will not think you are either.
- With makeup either focus on eyes or lips: don't go big on both.
- Dress lovely and confident don't copy other people. If they doing something wrong always do the right thing.
- Try to socialize by giving others compliments, or smiling towards others while walking in the hallway.
- If you feel a certain look isn't quite working for you, try a different one!
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Italiano: , Español: , Deutsch: , Português: , Русский: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , ไทย: , 中文: , العربية: , Tiếng Việt: , Nederlands:
Video: INSIDE THE MIND OF HOT GIRLS | HOW TO APPROACH THEM | FLAWLESS THEORY
How to Make an Edible DNA Model
Halloween Outfits- 2019 Halloween Costumes for Men and Women
Alexander Skarsgard Shows You How To Score A Killer Summer Look With Three Simple Pieces
This Month’s Best New Trainer Releases
How to Get LoJack for a Car You Already Own
36 Arrangements And Bouquets Ideas With Easter Flowers
Goat Cheese Hearts
LOreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick, Stirred
How to Preserve Fruit Without Sugar
Every Single Song of Summer—From 1985 to thePresent
How to Clean a Hermit Crab
More: The First Photos of Kate Middleton and the Royal Baby