Cranberry-Vanilla Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
1 tbsp. baking powder
butter or margarine
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. low-fat buttermilk
bag fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 c. water
3/4 c. granulated sugar
fresh or frozen cranberries
heavy (whipping) cream
crème fraîche or sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Prepare Cake:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottoms of 3 (8-inch) cake pans with parchment paper. Grease sides of pans and parchment. Into large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In large mixer bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and 2 cups sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low; alternately add buttermilk and flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter evenly among pans; smooth tops. Tap pans firmly against counter. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto rack; remove pans and peel off parchment. Cool completely. Cakes may be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature up to 1 day.
- Prepare Filling:In 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, apricot jam, and cinnamon. Cook on medium 8 to 10 minutes or until most berries burst, stirring often. Transfer to bowl; refrigerate until cold.
- Prepare Garnish:In 1-quart saucepan, combine water and 1/4 cup sugar. Heat to boiling on high. Stir in cranberries. Cool completely, then drain. Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar on plate. Toss berries in sugar to coat. Place on wire rack; let dry 1 hour.
- To assemble:Place 1 cake layer on cake stand; spread half of filling on top. Repeat with another layer and remaining filling. Top with third layer.
- Prepare Frosting:With mixer on medium speed, whisk cream until soft peaks form. Reduce speed to low; add confectioners' sugar, crème fraîche, and vanilla. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Spread frosting all over cake. Garnish with sugared berries. Cake can be covered and refrigerated up to 1 day. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Video: Whipped Cream Frosting Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com
How to Dilute Tea Tree Oil
College Women More Prone to Problem Drinking Than Men: Study
The RIGHT Way to Wear Bronzer for Fall
Living with BRCA breast cancer gene mutation
10 Ways Youre Online Shopping Wrong
3 Ways to Do Taxidermy
We had a glorious long weekend
How to Bleach Arm Hair
Steps to Heal a Pulled Muscle
How to Find a Hidden Tracker on a Car
Here is the Uber exercise in full
Single Men Show Higher Risk of Cancer-Linked Oral HPV
Date: 03.12.2018, 20:42 / Views: 93331