Apple-Cardamom Cakes with Apple Cider Icing
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cardamom
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. butter
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1 1/2 c. peeled and chopped Granny Smith apple
1 1/4 c. confectioners' sugar
3 tbsp. apple cider
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter and flour 24 3 1/2-ounce cake molds or 2 12-cup cupcake tins and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, and cardamom together and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together, using a mixer set on medium-high speed, until the mixture forms a thick ribbon when the beaters are lifted from the bowl. Reduce speed to low and mix in the vanilla and applesauce. Add 1/2 cup of the melted butter, sour cream, and zest and beat until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the apples and divide the batter among the prepared molds (about 1/4 cup per mold). Bake until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake tests clean -- 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Unmold the cakes and cool completely on the rack.
- Stir the remaining melted butter, confectioners' sugar, and apple cider together in a medium bowl until smooth and drizzle over the cooled cakes and let the icing set before serving.
Video: an apple flower cake with a hint of cardamom... completely gluten-free
60 Auburn Hair Colors to Emphasize Your Individuality
Yohanna Gonzalez was with someone else when she first met Kathriel Zambrano — but five months later they were engaged
7 Style Lessons To Learn From Stormzy
Penhaligon’s x Movember 2014
How to Track an Android Cell Phone with Cell Phone Sleuth
Win One of 10 Real 18K Gold Ghd Stylers—Worth 1000
Show report: Marni AW’12
Meet The Woman Who Wants To Revolutionize The Way You Sweat
Handy Tools for Staying Independent With Multiple Sclerosis
BA to use its own jets in environmental research
31 Times Celebrities Wore Ultra Violet on the RedCarpet
How to Wet Sand a Car
Five-Spice Steak and Herb Salad Recipe
Date: 05.12.2018, 07:30 / Views: 43475